House

House

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Almost Over!

Well, the week without Ben is almost over! He will be coming home tonight about 7:00. YAY! Really, though, we have a had a very fun week! I think that too often I am just in a rut, going about my daily life. I don't make many plans unless they are thrust upon me. This week, though, I knew I would go crazy if I was stuck in the house all with with 4 kids and no relief in the evenings. I figured that if I could get out during the day, I could handle the evenings.

Tuesday turned out great. My helper did come. She kept the girls occupied during Buster's nap so I could prepare for my real estate appointment. After Buster woke up, we headed out to the laundromat to wash the smoky sleeping bags and kitty-pooped blankets. Buster was an angel. Unfortunately, the girls fought some more and gave the sitter a hard time for at least part of it! I came home and left Buster, too, while I headed off to my meeting. It went well, but they're still deciding if they will hire me or another agent.

Wednesday I called my friend, Karen, and suggested we get together. She felt more like having people over than getting her kids in the car, so we headed up to Bountiful. While there, I realized that it was July 23, the day of big Pioneer Day festivities in Bountiful. We played with friends, went to dinner at Arctic Circle, watched part of the parade, and went to my parents' house for fireworks. Phew! I wish I had been more prepared for the all-day nature of the adventure, but we had a great time!!!

Thursday morning we got up and got ready to leave. I had promised the kids we would sleep over with my parents that night. We had fun playing at their house with the Wii and my 11-year-old nephew who was visiting. We even went to the park after dinner. I think the kids had fun being out in the dark! Friday was also spent at my parents' house. My dad got free tickets to the Salt Lake Bees game, so we went to about 3 innings of that. We didn't see a whole lot of the game, but the experience was fun. The kids said they wouldn't mind going again, and that, to me, is a successful outing. We were very tired by the time we came home, but eventually everyone was in bed. The house got pretty messy this week with all the coming and going, so I stayed up till 2am doing some cleaning. We got some more done today, but it's still not perfect!

This morning our ward had the annual Pioneer Day Breakfast and Primary Bike Parade. We had to get up earlier than we have been to get there, but we made it and had lots of fun!!! I did succeed in staying busy enough that I didn't mope around. I have missed Ben, but I haven't been depressed over it, which is good. I am VERY excited for him to come home, though!!!!!

No comments: