House

House

Monday, July 21, 2008

Quotable Quotes II, Kendrick Camping, and other thoughts

**Disclaimer: I just finished reading a Junie B. Jones book. So I apologize if this just sounds too much like her.**

Quote

I asked Sunny which VeggieTales movie she wanted to watch. "Jonah," she replied, "but I'm pro'ly gonna cry."

"Why?"

"'Cuz you're pro'ly gonna put on the wrong one."

I don't know where she got that idea...I was putting Jonah in the player.




Camping

We had an AWESOME Kendrick camp at Strawberry Reservoir this past weekend!!! We got up there Friday for dinner and left Saturday after dinner. It was great to spend time with family, and Ben and the girls had fun fishing. Unfortunately, they didn't catch anything. There was a water balloon fight, a treasure hunt, good food, games, and conversation. I'm glad we only slept there one night, though, because all the air went out of our air mattress. My hip is still sore!

We bought a huge new tent big enough for our whole family. Missy and Kandy got to sleep in Grandma and Grandpa's trailer, but we kept Sunny and Buster with us across the way so they wouldn't disturb anyone. This tent sleeps 8 people and divides into 3 rooms. I highly doubt we will ever need to buy another one. I don't think we'll have more than 8 people in our family, and it is in more danger of getting lost than wearing out.


Other Thoughts

A few weeks ago my friend was complaining about having her husband gone on business. Although my husband hasn't traveled much in our marriage, I knew he was going to be leaving soon. Soon as in this week! He left this afternoon. We went to Sacrament Meeting, and then I had to drive him to the airport. The kids begged us to let them stay at Church and go to Primary. Oh, twist my arm! We asked their teachers and the Primary President if that was okay, and they said it was. We took Sunny and Buster with us, of course. Ben will be gone until Saturday night. I find it kind of funny that in the 9 years we have been married, we had never been apart for more than 3 nights, I think. This summer the kids and I went to Montana for a whole week in June, and now he is going away for a whole week! And my parents are out of town until Tuesday...

Thank goodness for neighbors! We have a wonderful girl in our ward who has agreed to come help me some this week. I am very grateful because tomorrow I will have an enormous to-do list. See, we went camping on Friday night and arrived back late Saturday. (I'm getting to that in a moment.) And Ben was leaving on business today. So Thursday and Friday were spent in preparation for the trips. Packing, shopping, and keeping the kids out of my hair by letting them make a mess of certain parts of the house. Once the blessed toy room was so full they couldn't walk in there, they started carting toys to other rooms (against the rules...).

Also, while we were camping, our nice neighbor across the street fed our cat. Unfortunately, I forgot to tell her that our cat does not have a litter box (we can't count on him to use it if he does), so he does his business outside. This means that if you feed him, you have to wait until he is done and let him back out. We can't feed him outside because all the strays will steal his food. Anyway, she must have locked him in because he left us several "packages" in the living room. On blankets behind the couch. Now I have to wash blankets and deodorize the carpet. I'm mostly mad at myself for not telling her this vital bit of information. I mean, who can blame the cat when he has nowhere else to go? He can't hold it all day...

To top it off, I have an appointment with some prospective real estate clients in the evening. I need to finish preparing the presentation and find a babysitter. (The aforementioned neighbor girl has to work in the evenings, and we had to leave church before I could ask her sister.)

I am dreading this week and hoping I can be more patient than part of me wants to be. Like my friend, part of me wants to be mopey, but I know that will only make the week go slower.

No comments: