House

House

Friday, June 27, 2008

So I wasn't cracking up!

I actually went to the office to do real estate this morning. My kids had a blast playing with some friends. They went swimming! Well, except Buster--he napped.

After I finished work, I called the doctor's office to tell them that Sunny now has a rash and absolutely refused to take her medicine because it is yucky. (She spit it out the 2nd and 3rd time we gave it to her...) I left a message for the nurses. I guess they were unusually busy today, because it took about 2 hours to return my call, which is not normal for them! I called them again, they called me again... Anyway, they wanted to see Sunny again at 3:20. I managed to find another wonderful friend to watch Kandy and Missy for me, but Buster was napping in his car seat and just came along.

The doctor took one look at Sunny's rash and promptly told me what it was. I'm not sure how to spell the name, but this is an illness that isn't contagious--in fact, no one is quite sure where it comes from or why some kids get it. They don't know if it's a virus or bacteria or what! Patients can have a painful rash, tummy ache, headache, a mild fever, and general malaise. Oh, and swelling of the feet and hands. Poor thing! And it will last about 4 weeks. I think we may have already lived through one full week. I hope! So I guess all the chasing around the other day wasn't for nothing, it's just that the swelling kicked in before the rash.

1 comment:

Kristin Hanson said...

Sounds like Fifth's Disease to me, I don't know the medical term for it and neither can Dave :)