House

House

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Love parties!

Okay, I'm still trying to figure out some formatting stuff on this blog. I can write real html, but this is new! So I'm sorry for the weird stuff, but I wanted to post and go to bed!

(below) Sunny ready to dive in to the sawdust
and look for money!

One of my favorite things about parties is letting the kids run wild with other kids! And passing the baby around is lots of fun, too...

Phew! What a fun Saturday. We had a stake Emergency Preparedness Fair today, and Ben and I both presented. He talked about the importance of document scanning, and I made my half-wheat cookies and brownies. At the end, they brought some search and rescue dogs. I am used to service dogs that have to be "on duty" and can't play much, but these dogs are quite the opposite! They are trained to be friendly, sociable, and people-loving. They had them on leashes throughout the presentation, and then they turned them loose to socialize. The kids had fun--especially Kandy who got to be the "victim" for the demonstration. She hid, and the dogs had to find her.
Kandy and Missy digging

After the Fair, we went a Kendrick Family Reunion party in Farmington for Ben's grandfather's descendants. We didn't know many people there, as usual, but the kids had fun running and playing on the playground. Buster had fun being passed around between his aunt, grandma, and grandpa. Sunny took a nap on the floor at the Fair, and she did really well at the party.
Sunny's turn to dig


She was quite exhausted by the time we came home, but we managed to keep her awake long enough to feed her dinner and wash the lemonade and sawdust (from the party) out of her hair!

And here's a cute picture of Buster:

No comments: