House

House

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Adventures in Medicine

Sunny has been complaining that her foot hurt since Saturday afternoon. Sunday she walked on it fine in the morning and started complaining in the afternoon. We figured we would watch it. Yesterday she was running around as usual, but this morning, the swelling was worse, and it was a little red and warm. Time to call the doctor!

So today has been an adventure. I loaded all 4 kids in the car, and we went to the doctor's office for a 10:15 appointment. She sent us up to Primary Children's for an x-ray. A very kind neighbor agreed to watch the other 3 kids on the spur of the moment so I would just have to deal with Sunny. It was odd to carry her around the waiting room to the different toys she wanted, but I must confess that it was nice not to have to chase her all over the place. I was worried about leaving Buster with no bottle, but he blissfully slept until I came to pick the kids up. Thank goodness he is such a good sleeper!

Well, there was no fracture, so the doctor prescribed an antibiotic to try and clear up an infection in case that's the cause. I don't know what the deal is, but she is decided to milk this and be pitiful. I do feel bad for her, though!

No comments: