House

House

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Kendrick Family: We Speak, You Listen

For Mother's Day, Ben and Kandy were asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. As Kandy got up to speak, Buster piped up (again), "Wanna talk!" My helpful neighbor (sitting with us for just this reason) took him out in the hall so I could actually hear the talk.

Tonight at Family Home Evening, Ben said that if the Bishop asked for one of our children to speak in Sacrament Meeting, he would recommend Missy since Kandy has already done it twice and Missy hasn't. Missy got a thoughtful expression on her face and said, after a moment, "I think it would make me a little embaraththed" (she has no front teeth).

Sunny quickly spoke out: "I want to talk in Thacrament Meeting!" (She has her teeth, she just has a lisp.)

Not to be outdone, Buster rejoined, "Talk Sac-a-ment!"

"Do you want to talk in Sacrament Meeting?" Ben asked.

"Uh-huh!" came the enthusiastic reply.

Oh, sure, Missy is the "shy" one, but only for a Kendrick.


Tonight Sunny didn't want to go to sleep. She did have a rather late nap, so we let her stay up for a while. About 10:15, Ben saw her yawn, and he mentioned it.

"That wasn't a yawn," she replied disdainfully, "that was a silent scream." After watching the weather, Ben saw her yawn again, and he called her on it.

"That was just a thing I do when I'm mad." Right. We turned out the lights and TV in the family room and left her there. She was asleep less than 10 minutes later.

1 comment:

Sealion II said...

A silent scream! Good one. I'll have to remember that for my own use. :)