House

House

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Freeze!

Okay, so it seems like the only thing I post these days are quotes. I can think of a few reasons for this: 1) Most of life goes on in a rather hum-drum round of cleaning, cooking, laughing, and playing. There hasn't been much excitement around here. 2) I have been doing better at writing in my personal journal. 3) Most likely, though, it is due in great measure to the fact that I am finally getting control of my bad habit of sitting at the computer to avoid looking at how messy my house is. I have actually been cleaning it more! I am enjoying the cleanliness, and when I do sit at my computer, I am appalled at how much time I used to waste. So I still check out blogs two or three times a week, but I rarely get bored at my computer these days. The house still needs lots of work (anyone opening the bathroom cupboard is in danger of getting clonked on the head by a rogue book), but with 7 people around, it would need lots of work even if I were a master housekeeper. Oh, and I have also been trying to get more exercise.

So on to the latest quotes:


1. Buster found a squirt gun in the bathroom the other day. He picked it up, pointed it at the door, and said, "Freeze, door!"

2. The girls were discussing whether or not they liked boys or boys' toys. Kandy, at the mere age of nine, said, "But girls have to like boys when you grow up or else they wouldn't get married and reproduce!"

3. We had a great get-together with my in-laws on Friday night. Several of Ben's siblings were there, too. Abel was the only child there, so we had a fantastic and uninterrupted conversation. There were several things I really wanted to say, but I had a hard time getting a word in edgewise! On the way home, I mentioned this to Ben. "Welcome to the Kendrick family and the art of competitive talking."

No comments: