House

House

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Quotable Quotes XXIII

1. After church, Ben was having a hard time buckling a wiggly Buster into his car seat.

"Buster," he said, "you're a nut!"

"N-n-nut!" yelled Buster.


2. Ben substitute taught in Sunbeams today. He asked the children to name some prophets. The list was fairly typical: Moses, Joseph Smith, and so on. Then one child piped up, "Barack Obama!"

Ben replied, "Um, no. That's a president, not a prophet."


3. This isn't a quote but another silly story. The other day, we had the doors to the van open while loading up at my parents house. It was dark, and it took quite a while to get all the kids out of Bama's house and into the Kendrick Bus. We finally got everyone in, closed the doors, and started off. After driving several blocks, Ben all of a sudden said, "What in the world?" and started grabbing at his feet.

"What?" I asked.

He took a minute before responding. "I think there's a cat in the car."

"What?"

"I just felt something bump into my leg. I reached down, and it was furry!" (He really hoped it was a cat, not a giant rodent.)

We pulled over, got the flashlight, and shone it around the car. Sure enough, one of my parents' neighbors' cats had gotten in the van! We're really glad we discovered it before getting home to Salt Lake! We turned around and returned the cat. Then we laughed all the way home! I've had OUR cat do that, but a neighbor cat? Seriously?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Brian and I once had a little toy poodle do that to us -- it walked out in front of our car, and when I stepped out to shoo it away, it hopped into the open door. When we removed it, it kept trying to get back in, following us. We finally had to walk some distance away, place it under a bush, then sprint back to the car and race away before the darn dog caught up with us!