House

House

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Internet

How did people live without the Internet? I know how I lived without it as a kid, but the proliferation of the Internet coincided neatly with my entry into adulthood as a college student. I love the Internet!

For one thing, it helps me feel socially connected as a SAHM through blogging (mine and others) and facebook. It is also amazing for doing research! I can research everything from cribs and high chairs to which actors were in which movies from the comfort of my office chair. When doing price and product comparisons, it's easy to pause to help kids, and I don't have to haul 3, 4, or 5 kids to a store just to look at something. I recently went shopping with my mom for clothes, and browsing was such a weird experience for me. If I get to the store (other than the grocery store), I am on a mission! I almost always walk in, get what I need and leave as quickly as possible because I either have kids with me or feel like I need to get home to them as soon as I can.

This year I am particularly grateful because getting out to do holiday errands is very tricky with a brand new baby. First of all, we want to keep him away from germs as much as possible. In fact, the nurses at the pediatrician's office recommend keeping him away from public gatherings if at all possible until he is 4 months old! Second, finding time between feedings and the other kids' schedules is tough. Today, though, I finished shopping for one family on my list. Yay! It's even going to be shipped straight to them, saving me a trip to the post office.

I am so thankful for the Internet!

No comments: