House

House

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A's Early Days


November 19, 2009 marked the birth of our fifth child. His web-name is under consideration, but it starts with an "A!" He was born at 7:17am. He weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 21 inches long. Labor stalled for a little until a very helpful nurse suggested I change position. He didn't wait long after that!!!

I was going to put some pictures, but there were so many! Click on the link below to see the whole web album of his early days.

A's early days

We stayed in the hospital for about 36 hours. I wanted to sleep in my own bed the second night, and there was also snow forecast for Saturday morning. He had bilirubin levels that caused some concern. I had to take him back for blood tests on Saturday and Sunday. At home, I found our bed was a sunny place to nap, so he has been taking morning naps stripped to his diaper on our bed. He is doing just fine now!

The older girls are thrilled to have a new baby. Buster doesn't quite get it yet. He has learned that when I'm nursing he can't shove the baby off my lap. This is progress! I'm still trying to catch up from missing so much sleep while in labor. My mom has been a great help, and Ben's first day of work back was today.

2 comments:

Tami said...

What a cutie! We are so happy for you! He is adorable!!

Brooke said...

Cuteness! Congratulations on Mr. "A"!