House

House

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happiness

I was tagged by Kristin.

6 things that make me happy, in no particular order.

Family. Where would I be without them? I'm grateful for the family I was raised in, and I'm grateful for the beautiful family I now have to raise.

Friends. There no matter what. Where else can I be myself?

My religion and my faith in God and Jesus. I seriously don't think I could have survived this long without my faith to cling to and support me through my trials.

A good book. Ain't nothin' better than cuddling up with a good read to escape the world!

Beauty in nature
. I'm very guilty of rushing through life without stopping to smell the roses, but it does bring me peace and joy when I do take the time. I especially love roses, sunsets, and fall colors. I will also never forget an evening in France watching the waves break on the beach below a rocky outcropping.

Giving and serving with a willing heart. I have to specify the end, because far too often I give and serve my kids and others just as much as I absolutely have to. I know, though, that when I clean, for example, with the higher purpose of serving and blessing my family instead of "because I have to" and "it's a dump if I don't," I'm happier and I feel blessed for it.

I tag: Cripple Chicken, Tami, Jenny, Rob, Julia, Chris

No comments: