House

House

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The casualty of developmental milestones

Buster is learning to move! Last night we put him in his bed "drowsy but awake" and went downstairs. He started crying. When we checked on him, we discovered that he has achieved another milestone--pulling to standing! The upshot? He just can't stay still long enough to go to sleep. He also seems to be more restless. At any rate, I have not had as much time today as I would like because he has had short naps. And when he is asleep, I'm scared to make too much noise and wake him up. In some ways, I can't wait for him to get good at crawling and standing and sitting back down just so I can have more sleep and accomplish a little more during naptime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you put on any white noise when you put your kids down for a nap. I put on Josh Groban for Rita but Mr. liked NPR
-Cutey

Lia said...

Right, getting them used to background noise is important for this very reason!

LOL, my mom used to run the vacuum when we'd nap... the noisiest thing she could do. We learned to sleep through anything. After that she could go about any business she had. =)