House

House

Friday, August 22, 2008

Survival of the Determined or Socially Deprived

How many of you young parents feel like you are just trying to survive? I know I feel that way sometimes! I try and think of the last time I did things with friends just for fun, and I draw a blank. Oh, you know, there are the playdates where you get to talk to the other mom, but that just isn't the same thing! I keep thinking I would like to something more often with old friends, but the weeks and months just fly by. I try to count the time since I last saw my best friend from high school, and I can't remember when it was. Five or six months, I think.

There are days that are lots of fun (like the fair below), and I do enjoy spending time with my kids. I don't get enough dates or adult time, though. If I do have "adult time," it's usually because I'm off showing houses to clients or attending continuing education classes for real estate. I do enjoy it, but it's not exactly a leisure activity.

And I guess I do go walking with my friends...I have been too busy to do that this week. Maybe that's part of my problem. It has been a very long time since Ben and I got out without kids!

So let's get together and have some fun!

2 comments:

Cutey said...

Hold on, the next couple of years are going to feel like that but it does get better.

Robert said...

Ohhh, do I ever empathize!