House

House

Monday, April 6, 2015

Robin's Utah Trip

Last Thursday, I got back from Utah.  I made the trip to honor and attend the funeral of my wonderful grandmother, Sydney Ann Leake.  She had led a full life, and after her long illness, her funeral was truly a celebration.  I had a great time seeing aunts, uncles, and cousins along with my parents, brothers, and their families.

Almost all of my Leake cousins
I enjoyed eating Twizzlers and Frosted Mini-Wheats, two things that I can't find in Belgium.  I brought some cereal and other American foods back with me, much to the joy of my family.  I discovered the joys of sushi with my best friend from high school.  I had fun hanging out with other friends, too.

This is the first vacation I've had with no kids or husband.  Poor Ben got a bad cold the day after I left, but Kayanna and Molly kept the house rolling pretty well.  I really appreciate them!



No comments: