House

House

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lost

My mom always said that when you lose something, you should back-track to see where you left it. It usually works. The problem is when something is mislaid, and you subconsciously keep assuming it will turn up. By the time you realize it's really lost, you can't remember the last time you had it and it was lost. It's pretty impossible to track at this point.

Before Abel was born, I crocheted an edge around a blanket for him. It folded up so nice and small that whenever I took him to places where he would be having a nap, I took this blanket. A few months ago, I realized that it had been a while since I had seen the blanket. I'm sure I thought the first time I looked for it that it had just been put in the wrong place. I became certain that it was lost. Through facebook, I asked several friends at whose house he had napped if they had seen it, but they had not. It made me sad, but as usual, time helped me forget.

This morning Abel found the matching burp cloth, and he started asking for his blankie. Even at his age, he remembers.

I wanted to post this so I keep remembering this blanket I made for him. I also wanted to do it just in case any of you who read this blog remember seeing this blanket around your house!

The biggest irony is that I often have an almost super power to find stuff that my kids and husband leave in strange places in the house, but I can't find my own!

No comments: