House

House

Friday, August 28, 2009

Worth it?

Today I decided that I really needed some exercise. I tried to go walking with friends last night, but after a block and a half, my sideache/ligament pain was so bad that I was lucky to get home. I needed to go swimming!

Indecision made me dawdle this morning. I finally got out the door a little before 10. We got to the gym around 10:15. It was so crowded that we had to park far away, and I had to carry Buster both ways because he didn't want to go where I wanted him to. We also had to wait until some parents picked up their kids before there was room for my children in the on-site care.

Finally, I changed and got in the water. Bliss!!! I love the water, and it is especially wonderful when pregnant. The weight just disappears, and I can move! After only 30 minutes in the water, it was time to get out so I could get my kids in time.

It was late enough when we got out that I realized Buster would fall asleep in the car on the way home, so we went to Wendy's for a quick and cheap lunch. We finally got home about 12:20, almost 2 1/2 hours after we left for 1/2 hour in the water.

I just wonder sometimes if all the hassle and travel time is really worth it. You know, though, as I think about it, I am happier now, I feel better, and I have just a little more patience with my kids. The stress almost immediately settled back in my muscles, but I do feel better. Yes, it was worth it.

No comments: