House

House

Monday, March 30, 2020

Catch-up, Move to Ohio, Quarantine, Etc.

I haven't posted in forever.  Oops.  I can't possibly sum up 3 years in one post, but I will share the most exciting thing that has happened in the last few months.

For those of you who missed it, we are now living in Ohio.  Our move here was very eventful, but although our car didn't make, we all arrived in one piece. 
Our faithful silver van, after our accident in Nebraska.  They brought it to the
hotel for us to go through and get out what we could.
Miraculously, we had no broken bones or even stitches.  We rolled after losing control while towing a camp trailer.  We had great insurance coverage, so aside from some emotional trauma and inconvenience, we really can't complain.


Ben is loving his new job, and we still have moments of disbelief that we are living in such a beautiful Victorian home.


 A little over two weeks ago, schools were closed and Ben started working from home as part of the social distancing strategy for COVID-19.  Whether it was everyone being home all the time or wondering about the outside world, my stress level went through the roof.

I quickly learned that sewing and baking helped me cope.  I love to bake, but it's not so good to eat all the yummy things I make.  I have had a few sewing projects on my mind for the last year or so, and I have been able to work on them!  Their priority rose, my need to sew increased, and I also have a wonderful craft room with my sewing machine out all the time.  (It's in the enclosed balcony above the front door, so there is tons of light.)

I want to do a few posts about my sewing projects, which reminded me to pull up this old blog.

No comments: