House

House

Monday, September 1, 2014

First Day of School!

It was the first day of school for us today.  I forgot to take pictures, but maybe that's because they didn't put on brand new clothes and walk out the door.  Today began an adventure for us all: I am teaching them all at home.

It went pretty well.   What bothered me most was that the lessons I had spent hours preparing (I'm new at this, so I really hope I'll get faster) took minutes to teach.  In reading and writing, I loved being able to discuss their written answers verbally and personally.  I hope they liked it, too!  In social studies, we just learned and researched together.  Now I'm preparing lessons for tomorrow.  I better get back to it!


1 comment:

Cassie said...

Welcome to homeschooling! If you want to talk or anything about ideas let me know. The lessons don't get faster to plan unless you change the way you think about them, it took me a while to realize that. Good luck!