House

House

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Crazy Days

Today Ben and I flew to California and back to apply for our visas.  The paperwork is in, and since the packets were complete, they should be done Monday.  It was surreal to do that kind of trip but very nice not to have to pack or be away from the kids too long.  This is the great news!

In other news, we've had some other crazy stuff going on.  On Monday, July 28, I took Kandy to the doctor to get some warts frozen off.  Unfortunately, on her right pinkie finger, she developed a ridiculously huge blood blister.  On Friday, we took her to an urgent care facility at night to get it drained.  Yesterday I took her to the pediatrician again.  The doctor said, "Wow, I've never seen this happen before."

Kandy was referred to the outpatient burn clinic.  My mom took her to the appointment since I had to be on a plane to California!  The good news is that it should be all healed up in 7 days.  The bad news is she really can't go to girls' camp.  Oh, wait, did I say that was bad?  Well, I do feel bad that she's missing it, but I'm grateful that next weeks' packing and prepping won't be complicated by her being gone.

And as if cleaning and packing the house (with lots less help than usual from Kandy), doing ridiculous amounts of paperwork, and Kandy's medical issues weren't enough, the dog got sick.  I had to take her to the vet yesterday morning.  She is now wearing the cone of shame, taking pills, and getting ointment rubbed on her rash twice a day.

I'm so glad Ben is home, and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by the amount of work to get done in 8 days!

No comments: