House

House

Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer and Back to School

I started writing a status post on facebook that started getting long.  It made me think about this blog that I haven't used in FOREVER, so I though I'd use it to expand my thoughts.

I am really not ready for school to start Wednesday.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the structure, routine, and hours of quiet, but I'm not ready to send one to kindergarten and one to middle school for the first time.  I'm not ready to have a very busy three-year-old without any siblings to play with.  I haven't finished school shopping for the kindergartener because he needs uniforms.  Yikes!

The girls had a fabulous opportunity these last two weeks.  They were part of a whirlwind theatrical production of Annie, jr with the Spotlight Childrens Theater.  In just two weeks (10 rehearsals), this troupe pulled together a truly amazing production.  Kandy was Pepper, Missy was Mrs. Roosevelt, and Sunny was a maid and a New Yorker.  When I stopped by to pick up the girls on Wednesday and watched some of the rehearsal, I never thought they'd pull it off.  But they did!!!  Performances were Friday and Saturday nights.

So with rehearsals 3-4 hours a day for 2 weeks, is it any wonder I didn't think much about preparing for school?  Not really!


Other fun things we have done this summer:
Season passes to Seven Peaks
Family reunion at Bear Lake
Camping with friends for 5 days
Lots of fun with cousins from both sides of the family

And that's all I can remember for now.  I have worked hard on bookkeeping and real estate.

No comments: