House

House

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pick and Choose Genetics, Anyone?

Sometimes don't you wish you could pick and choose the genes your kids get? "Okay, they get your moist skin, but my level of moles and freckles. Your lack of food allergies, and my hair color." Unfortunately, we just don't get to do that.

Today we went to the dentist. Ah, what a lovely way to celebrate the day off of school, right? Missy has one cavity. Sunny gets to add 3 more fillings to her record, which I believe was 4 before. Yikes. Me? Guess how many cavities I had as a kid? NONE! Want to know when I got my first filling? Right before my mission. Even then, the dentist said, "Well, these aren't real cavities, but we don't want them to go bad while you're in France." After 5 kids, my mouth is a different story. But my childhood and adolescent record still stands: ZERO CAVITIES.

Why couldn't all my kids get my teeth???

2 comments:

Natalia said...

I have horrible teeth! I always get cavities despite the fact that I brush and floss and everything. My Hubby has never had a cavity. Yeah, I wish we could pick our genes; I'd choose healthy (and straight) teeth and a fast metabolism!

Anonymous said...

Aw man, bummer for your kids! I also went forever without fillings, except now I have 2...one from food getting stuck under a loose bracket on my braces and the other from a crack in my tooth that I didn't know about.

Maybe their adult teeth will be stronger than their baby teeth?