House

House

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kendrick Sick House

It has been a while since I posted because there hasn't been anything fun going on. Kandy started a fever last Saturday morning. We attempted to keep the illness limited to her by quarantining her in her bedroom, but Missy joined her there after school on Monday with her own fever. By Tuesday, Kandy's fever was gone, but we kept her home from school because she was still contagious. I think she and Missy had a fun day together. Kandy went to school Wednesday, and Missy stayed home.

On Friday, we finally ventured out of the house together, assuming everyone was well. It was nice to get out after being cooped up all week. As the day wore on, I realized there was more than one runny nose in the family, although no one seemed alarmingly ill. Friday night, though, Missy had a fever again. I didn't take it today, but this evening she was listless and tired. Her temperature was up, but it did come down with medicine.

It has been a very long and trying week. I hope the rest of you are feeling better than we are here!

In happier news, we really enjoyed General Conference today. I used to get stressed out about the kids' behavior, but we have since decided they each need to watch just one session out of the four general sessions. I am thrilled to report, though, that even we don't ask them to watch every one, they still tend to gravitate toward us and/or the television. They watched more than one session today, which makes me happy.

No comments: