House

House

Friday, September 4, 2009

Pregnancy and Pickles

It's not that I dislike pickles, nor do I really love them. I haven't really craved them during this pregnancy, but oddly, though, every time I have been to a party with pickles lately, I can't leave them alone! Today at the grocery store I bought a jar of tiny dills. Yum! And I keep going back for more. Weird.

When I was expecting Sunny, I LOVED oatmeal. Loved it. Couldn't eat enough. I have a strong aversion to oatmeal as a general rule. I hoped I would still like it after she was born (it's cheap, healthy, and filling), but unfortunately, I like it even less now.

Have any of you enjoyed or craved foods during pregnancy that you usually don't eat?

4 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

Bananas. I'll eat them constantly while I'm pregnant, but can't stand them any other time. It's so funny how our bodies change so much while carrying a little life!

Natalia said...

I craved KFC a total of once when I was pregnant with my first. That's it. Then with my second, it was orange soda. I love orange soda any day of the week, but I don't really like KFC, so that one craving I had was very odd.

Pamela said...

With Spencer it was fresh peaches. I ate peaches for 3 months straight. Peach for breakfast, peach for snack, peach for lunch (with maybe some ice cream too), I honestly have no idea what I ever ate for dinner, then a peach as a midnight snack. Didn't care much for peaches before pregnancy and dislike them even more after.

At least it's pickles, something relatively healthy (hey, it's a cucumber, right?) and not something disgusting like olives and chocolate frosting or something expensive like salmon!

Ms. Karlyn said...

Eggs. I ate hard boiled eggs nearly everyday while pregnant with Piper.
Don't really like them.